When one thinks of a move, the problems that pop into mind are monetary problems and the stress of packing and unpacking. However whilst these are predictable problems, there are many unpredictable problems you can expect during relocation. Here are some of the unpredictable ones:
1. People with children tend to move in the summer thinking that it's then easier for kids to adjust to the move. Making them spend the summer holidays alone in a new place, without friends will only make them resent the move.
2. Most transferees face the problem of hidden costs. Even if you are offered a lump sum package from your moving company, it is better to wait till all your moving bills are paid before spending the money.
3. Some movers have complicated fee structures you will find difficulty understanding at first. Sometimes, you may have to pay for services you thought were part of the moving package.
4. At times, you may not like the new community you move into because of the housing, schools or culture of the area. It's better to rent a house in the new locale to see if you are comfortable before buying a new home.
5. The cost of living in the new place may burn your pockets. Whilst some companies offer cost of living adjustments to help counter this problem, it is better that you change your lifestyle to accommodate your new pay check and lifestyle.