Here are some handy tips to ensure your move is as successful as possible:
• Notify your milkman and newspaper shop in advance that you will be moving house.
• If you are renting your property, notify your landlord in advance of your moving date, and give the relevant notice on your existing property.
• Pack up your belongings in stages, starting weeks before your moving date.
• Notify the relevant utility companies in advance and provide them with a firm date of when you are leaving the property to avoid any unnecessary charges.
• Arrange a time to collect the keys to your new property from the estate agent.
• Purchase packaging boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap well in advance before you move. See Packaging
• Clearly mark all boxes displaying their destination room, contents, and any fragile items.
• Dispose of any rubbish a few days in advance.
• Decide what you want to take with you and what is to be left behind.
• Sort out possessions you no longer need and arrange for them to be recycled, donated or thrown away.
• Try and clean as much of the property as possible before your actual moving day.
• Notify banks, schools, family, and friends of your new address.
Contact our office team now on for a free quote.
Man and Van Removals is a well established, West London based removal company.
We specialize in house and office moves in London and the UK.
Keep a few spare boxes for the day of the move
Advice on Moving House. Order packaging supplies at least few days before you move. See Packaging . Please Label all boxes displaying destination room, contents and fragile items - this will make your life easier.
Get rid of the rubbish before moving day and clean. Know what you want taken and what is to be left.